Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Abbott News--Abbott Denies Anything Happening!

While one of the projects involves the closure of its Whippany, New Jersey, manufacturing plant with its associated equipment dismantlement and environmental monitoring, the largest project of Abbott currently tracked by Industrial Info is the $150 million Phase I construction of the Pleasant Prairie Lifescience Campus in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. The facility will occupy a 500-acre site and eventually encompass 3.5 million square feet of research, light production and administrative facilities. Phase I will involve the construction of over 300,000 feet of the project and is scheduled for completion by the end of 2012.

In Kenosha News today, Abbott claims they have no timeline and that the above story that was reported is incorrect. So much for Mr. Anonymous' brilliant observations (see comments).

Click here to see story.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So much for Abbott in Pleasant Prairie."

As I said, and may still turn out to be incorrect if the financial market keeps pressuring other sectors of industry, new and improved IS a way to cut costs and survive financial turmoil.

Anonymous said...

Tell it like it is...
Less than a month ago Renner said “So much for Abbott in Pleasant Prairie”.
Do you just make up stupid anti-village stuff as you go along???

R. Preston less than a month ago said “"So much for Abbott in PP...ANY TIME SOON" would have been more accurate.” He must stay up late at night with Renner to think up stupid comments.

Also less than a month ago Preston said “I doubt that Abbott even knows yet exactly when they would make such a move. Seems to me that they are merely positioning themselves for this eventual possibility.” It takes time to plan things so gee, guess when this planning process was started by Abbott. The “I doubt Abbott even knows” portion is a real beauty.

Thank goodness there aren’t more people in your anti-village negative pipeline.
Could you imagine the village’s chaotic state if you were village leaders? I think eventually you will qualify for the "pinheads and patriots" portion. You are true visionaries!

Village People said...

Why didn't Abbott make this announcement? Hmm? I guess you must be one of those idiots because you're stupid enough to keep coming back. Almost 8000 hits isn't bad for an idiot, eh?

Anonymous said...

I see the anonymass who contributes nothing is back. He so negative isn't he yet he talks about others being negative. Nobody can criticize anyone but him. What a moron.

Anonymous said...

Any mouse, I appreciate your feedback. I'll work harder in the future to not appear as being anti-Village. To help me in that regard what have I ever said or written that is anti-Village?

Also, just because plans are made does not mean that those plans will ever be executed as initially written. Plans are often ditched, changed, modified and delayed; especially in this economy.

I do not have a monopoly on the truth. And I learn a great deal from ALL feedback on ANY of my posts.

Anonymous said...

If it's stated as so in the Kenosha News....it MUST be true. The beacon of journalistic integrity throughout the midwest.

****sarcasm off now***

Anonymous said...

Any link to the story? Or do I have to go buy a paper to read it?

Village People said...

They have changed the story per Abbott's request.